Rules for Patron Use
1. Must have a valid Wantagh Library card with no fines
2. Must be 17 years or older
3. May not add channels or buy/rent content through Roku or Vudu. Device must be returned in the same condition and with the same configuration and content as when it was loaned. The Roku will be examined upon return and patrons that do not comply to this policy will be unable to use Roku in the future and charges will be added to the patron’s account for any damages incurred
4. Must return the Roku at Circulation Desk and NOT the book drop.
5.The loan period for a Roku is 7 Days with no renewals. The late fee is $2.00 per day. Your Roku rental includes a Roku Stick, a Roku Remote, a Cable, and an AC Adapter. All pieces must be returned in the case they were loaned it. If there are missing pieces when returned, borrower will be charged a replacement fee for the missing piece.
1.HDTV with HDMI input
2.High Speed Internet (DSL or Cable)
1. Insert the ROKU HDMI directly into your TV. You can power the stick using the wall plug if your TV does not provide sufficient power.
2.Turn on TV and set to the correct HDMI input/source.
3. Press the “Home” button on the Roku remote control until the Home Screen Appears. Use the arrows on the remote to navigate to “Settings” and then to “Network.” Choose “Set up New Wifi Connection.” Use the ROKU remote to enter your password to connect to your Wireless Network under Network Settings.
4. Press the home button on the Roku again and use the right arrow to select the VUDU channel. Use the remote to choose the “MYVUDU” tab. Browse the selection of movies and TV shows and choose any to watch.
1. Can I access any other channels on the Roku stick? No. You can only access the library’s VUDU account
2.Can I use my own streaming device to access this service? No. You cannot access the library’s VUDU account without the library’s Roku stick.
3.Can I use the Roku stick on my computer? No. The Roku can only be used on an HDTV with an HDMI port.
4.Where can I see a list of movies/TV shows available? On our website, or once the Roku is connected, choose the VUDU channel and go to “MY VUDU”
5.Nothing happens once I connect the Roku to my TV?Make sure the Roku is also plugged into a power source in addition to the TV, then make sure the TV is set to the appropriate input/source as the HDMI port the stick is plugged into.
6.The Roku remote is not working? The batteries might need to be replaced.
- If batteries are working, try pairing the remote:
- *open battery compartment
- *Press & hold the pairing button until the front LEDs blink
- *Unplug the Roku stick from power source and plug back into power source
- *During start-up, the remote should automatically pair
7.When I select a movie, the only option I see is to “Play Trailer” Select the movie by pressing OK on the remote and you will see the option to Watch, Watch Againor Resume.
8. When I select a movie, the only option is to “Resume” – how do I play it from the beginning? Go to “My VUDU”, the “Watchlist”, select the movie and choose “Start Over”.
9. When I select a movie or TV show why am I seeing options to Rent or Own? You are not viewing the Library’s movie collection. You cannot purchase, rent, or download any content to the library’s account. To access the Library’s movie collection, press the Back Arrow on the remote to return to the VUDU menu, and select “My VUDU”.
10. I am interrupted while watching a movie and see a message “Another device on your account has started playing this content.” ? The library has several Roku devices registered under 1 account, which is allowed under the terms. However, the movie studios and VUDU do not allow any 1 account to stream the same movie simultaneously across multiple devices. Unfortunately, VUDU does not allow the first person who started the movie to finish watching. Therefore, 2 patrons are unable to watch the same movie at the same exact time. This should be a rare occurrence. If this happens, please bring it to our attention when you return the device.